There are many different award shows which are established in honor of people who work in the field of cinema. All of these awards are given to the people of the cinema industry. That’s why common people sometimes get confused when it comes to the difference between golden globes and Oscars or the difference between golden globes and grammys. These awards look similar, but there are several differences between them. Like the year they are performed, their history, achievements, their award trophy, and many others.
Let’s take a closer look at Golden Globes vs. Oscars vs. Emmy vs. Grammy
|Industry||All these different awards show belongs to the cinema industry|
|Awarded To||Some awards are awarded to films while some to televisions and music|
|Voting||Some awards have been voted at the international level, while others are charged to the committee.|
|Time||Every award show us performed in a different month of the year|
What Is the Golden Globe?
The first golden globe award was given in 1944, which was given to the best performance in both film and television. Since that time, the golden globe has taken place in January each year. There are a lot of guests, and dinner is served to them. Golden Globe has almost 25 categories, both in films and television. The voting for the golden globe award was done by an international journalist from Hollywood. The award is telecast worldwide in different countries.
What is Oscar?
Oscar awards are considered one of the most outstanding awards presented annually. The Oscar award show is committed by the committee known as AMPAS. This ward show contains a number of categories related to genre films. Oscar awards are the oldest awards which were first given in 1929. Oscar awards are held in February of every year. These are the awards, especially for the motion pictures, and presented in honor of artists belonging to this industry.
What Is Emmys?
Emmy awards are known as Emmys. This award was first awarded in 1949 and categorized the television industry. The major organization that represents this award is the Academy of television arts and science, the National Academy of television arts and science, and the international Academy of national arts and science. And the voting is also done by the Academy of television arts and science members.
What Are Grammys?
The first grammy award was held in 1959 with 28 categories. This is the ward that is particularly given to the musicians. Grammy has four main categories: album of the year, a record of the year, song of the year, and a best new artist that recently released a song or album. All the people who love music watch the grammy as this is the second most-watched show worldwide.
5 Key Differences Between Golden Globe, Oscar, Emmys, and Grammys
|First Award||The first award of the golden globe was given in 1994||It is the oldest award which was given in the year 1929||The Emmys award was awarded in the year 1949||The first grammy award was awarded in the year 1959|
|Rewarded For||Achievement in motion pictures||Success in cinemas||Excellence in television||Achievement in the music industry|
|Given By||Hollywood foreign press association||By the Academy of motion picture science and arts||Emmys are given by ATAS, NATAS, IATAS||National Academy of recording science and arts|
|Held In||Each year in January||Every year in February||Every year in November||Every year February or January|
|Present To||It is presented on both the television and in cinema||Oscar awards are only presented to the cinema||This award is presented to the television industry||Grammy awards are particularly given to musicians|
|Voting||It is voted by international level journalist||It is voted by the members of the committee||The academies of arts and science votes||Members of the recording academy|
Golden Globe vs. Oscar vs. Emmys vs. Grammys Pros and Cons
Golden Globe Pros and Cons
Pros of Golden Globe
- Golden Globe awards have secondary importance in both films and television in the entertainment industry.
- Winning the golden globe award means that the film will definitely win some other awards as well.
Cons of Golden Globe
- The golden globe is criticized for the organization’s lack of diversity both internally and among the nominated names.
- Winning a golden globe cannot give any kind of financial benefits. It just increases the popularity.
Oscar pros and Cons
Pros of Oscar
- Winning an Oscar is considered a higher recognition of talent, as it is the biggest Hollywood ceremony.
- Oscar awards winners got a party with live entertainment, famous chefs, and fancy foods.
Cons of Oscar
- It is just a consolation prize rather than a genuine award for some because you gain popularity after winning this award and not on your hard work.
- Oscar costs a lot, as a vanity fair Oscar party is eighty thousand dollars this year for a couple.
Emmys Pros and Cons
Pros of Emmys
- Emmys award provides a forum to exchange ideas about the television industry.
- It provides the opportunity to meet different colleagues both professionally and socially.
- The Emmys award also promotes professional development between industry and the community.
Cons of Emmys
- Emmys have many diverse nominees but lack diversity when it comes to winning actors.
- Emmys ward was criticized by many people as no black, Latinx or Asian actor won Emmys in 2012
Pros and Cons of Grammys
Pros of Grammys
- It is an award that represents the talent and success of the artist in the music industry and gives that fame.
- Winning Grammys can impact the ability of the artist to attract attention and get more deals and better contracts.
Cons of Grammys
- There are many controversies about the Grammys not working fair as the weekend wasn’t nominated for the 64th Grammys award, despite on the #1 hit that year.
- The Grammy award does not recognize an upcoming artist, which is criticized by many people in the music industry.
Golden Globe vs. Oscar Comparison Chart
Emmys vs. Grammys Comparison Chart
Golden globe vs. Oscars vs. Emmys vs. Grammys FAQs
Which Is Better: Golden Globe or Emmys?
If we talk about the Golden Globes vs. Emmy, Emmy is better. Because Emmy is the highest award anyone can win in television, but the golden globe is not the highest, one can win in films.
What Are the Four Major Awards?
Golden Globe, Oscar, Emmy, and Grammys are four major awards of the cinema industry.
Is an Oscar Bigger Than a Grammys?
The Oscar is the biggest award, and the second one is the Grammys.
There are many different award shows held in honor of the cinema industry. The most popular of them is a golden globe, Oscar, Grammy, and Emmys. All of these award shows are related to the senior industry but are different in many several ways. Like if we talk about Emmys vs. Oscars the main difference between Oscar and Emmy is that Emmys are about excellence in television, while the Oscars are about great performance and aces in cinema. And in the Golden Globe vs. Grammy, the golden globe is about achievements in television and cinema motion pictures, while the Grammys are all about music and musicians.