Table of Contents
Defining Flutter.io vs. React Native for Clarity
What is Flutter?
It is a free Software Development Kit (SDK) for creating high-performing applications for iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, Google Fuchsia, Linux, and the web from a single code. It’s a cross-platform framework written in Dart language and backed by Google.
What is React Native?
Discussing Flutter vs. React Native Similarities
- These frameworks help you develop cross-platform mobile apps for both iOS and Android.
- Both Flutter and React Native are open-source and free to use.
- You can trust these frameworks to stay for decades, as the biggest technology giants back them. Flutter is backed by Google, and React Native has a backing of Facebook.
- Flutter and React Native support Hot Reloading to keep your application running while you inject changes to the file.
- Both frameworks offer excellent User Interface for developing beautiful mobile apps.
- You will find detailed documentation of both of these frameworks along with Application Programming Interface (API) references.
Highlighting Google Flutter vs. React Native Differences
Flutter vs. React Native Language
Flutter vs. React Native jobs
Flutter vs. React Native Benchmark
Flutter vs. React Native Size
Considering Flutter vs. React Native Pros and Cons
Since both the frameworks have quite a different set of features, let us throw some light on their pros and cons:
Pros of Flutter
- It delivers faster performance due to direct communication with the native components.
- It is backed by Google.
- Flutter offers quick modifications for your app with its Stateful Hot Reloading.
- It offers maximum customization with its vast set of widgets.
- It is easy to set up, and a low-end machine can easily handle the framework.
Cons of Flutter
- It is essential to learn Dart before developing an app with Flutter.
- Since the framework is relatively new, it lacks third-party libraries.
Pros of React Native
- It utilizes the most commonly used programming language.
- It is backed by Facebook.
- It offers quick modifications through its Hot Reloading.
- User Interface development is smooth with React Native.
Cons of React Native
- It uses a bridge to communicate with the native components.
- It takes time to fully synchronize between React Native and new Software Development Kits.
- The documentation available for integrating React Native with additional tools is very limited.
Let’s try to answer some of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Flutter and React Native:
Is Flutter Better Than React Native?
Will Flutter Replace React Native?
What Language Does Flutter Use?
Is Flutter Difficult to Learn?
The answer to this question depends on your experience of dealing with web-based applications. An advanced user of both static and dynamic language can learn Flutter with ease. Dart, the language flutter uses, contains features similar to both static and dynamic languages. Also, a good knowledge of web-based layout concepts helps you to learn Flutter’s layout quickly and easily. A dedicated learner can get hold of flutter in less than a week.
Is Flutter Faster Than React Native?
Flutter vs React Native 2020 Comparison Table
|Size||Minimum APK size of apps is smaller.||Minimum APK size of apps is bigger.|
|Job opportunities||Less job opportunities are available for Flutter app developers.||More job opportunities are available for React Native app developers.|
|Backing||It is backed by Google.||It is backed by Facebook.|
|Adoption||It is not as widely adopted as React Native but has been used by Alibaba, Google Ads, Birch Finance, and more.||It has been widely adopted by many app developers like Bloomberg, Airbnb, Facebook Ads Manager, and more.|
Which is better Flutter vs. React native?