Xbox One vs. Xbox One S: The all-in-one entertainment system formulated by Microsoft, Xbox One was first announced in 2013. The updated version Xbox One S came in 2016. The biggest Xbox One vs. One S difference lies in the features offered by the two variants. While Xbox One S supports High Dynamic Range (HDR), Xbox One doesn’t.
Understanding the definition of Xbox One vs. Xbox One S
What is Xbox One?
It is the third home video game console of the Xbox series, manufactured by Microsoft.
What is Xbox One S?
It is an upgraded version of Xbox One that is developed by Microsoft.
Considering the Pros and Cons
Pro of Xbox One
- It offers a dedicated Kinect port.
- It is cheaper than Xbox One S.
Cons of Xbox One
- It has been discontinued now.
- It has a plastic grip that is uncomfortable to handle.
- It does not support High Dynamic Range (HDR).
Pros of Xbox One S
- It has a compact design for a better user experience.
- It has improved grip for easier handling.
- The resolution for video is up to 4K.
- It supports HDR quality.
Cons of Xbox One S
- It is more expensive than Xbox One.
- It does not have a dedicated Kinect port like Xbox One.
Looking at the similarities between Xbox One vs. Xbox One S graphics
- Both offer up to 1TB drive space.
- Both versions offer digital assistance via Microsoft’s Cortana.
- They are equipped with Windows 10 based Xbox One operating systems.
- They feature three USB ports for connectivity.
Understanding the difference between Xbox One and Xbox One S
To emphasize the difference, Xbox One and One S are presented in a tabular form:
|Basis||Xbox one||Xbox one S|
|Price||It is available for $200.||It is available for $300.|
|Resolution||It offers resolution up to 1080p.||It offers video resolution up to 4K.|
|Dimensions||Its dimensions are 13.1 × 10.8 × 3.1 inches.||Its dimensions are 11.6 × 8.9 × 2.5 inches.|
|HDR support||It does not support HDR.||It supports HDR.|
|Kinect Port||It features a dedicated Kinect port.||It does not feature a dedicated Kinect port.|
- Price: Xbox One is available under $200, whereas Xbox One S has a price of up to $300.
- Xbox 1 vs. Xbox 1S Size: There is a difference between Xbox 1 and Xbox 1S, with Xbox One S being smaller than Xbox One. The upgrade is slim and sleek.
- Xbox One doesn’t offer HDR support, while Xbox One S provides that.
- Xbox One vs. Xbox One S Specs: Xbox One’s specs have a blue-ray filter up to 1080p only, but Xbox One S has a far better quality of blu-ray feature up to 4K.
- Xbox One vs. Xbox One S vs. Xbox One X: Xbox One is the basic version, Xbox One S is a slightly updated version of Xbox One, and Xbox One X is a far more upgraded version of Xbox One.
- Xbox One X is recommendable over Xbox One S if you want the most powerful consoles.
- Where Xbox One is great for gaming, Xbox One S also offers live streaming of Netflix, Amazon, etc.
- Xbox One S has a comfortable grip on handling. It can be held for a longer time.
- Xbox One comes with 500GB and 1TB drive, whereas Xbox One S offers up to 1TB drive. The 2TB drive Xbox One S has been discontinued.
- Xbox One S says no to Kinect port and yes to Cortana.
- For the Kinect support, it features an adapter.
- Talking about Xbox One vs. One S USB ports, both have them.
What’s the difference between Xbox One and Xbox One S?
The difference between Xbox One S and Xbox One is that the former is the upgrade version of the latter that features more cool benefits. 4K Blu-ray player and HDR support are some additions in Xbox One S.
Which is better: Xbox One or One S?
Original Xbox One vs. Xbox One S: Xbox One S is a slightly improved version of the original Xbox One. As an upgrade, Xbox One S is better.
Is it worth buying an Xbox One S?
If you are an owner of Xbox One, then Xbox One S is not for you, as this doesn’t have as many updated features to replace your Xbox One. Else, getting your hands on an Xbox One S is a better choice.
Can Xbox One games play on Xbox One S?
You can play all the games of Xbox One on Xbox One S with zero issues.
What does the S in Xbox One S stand for?
The S in the Xbox One S refers to Sleek as the manufacturer made the design sleeker than the predecessor Xbox One.
Is Xbox One S being discontinued?
No, Xbox One S is not being discontinued. This has become the standard Xbox One console as the Xbox One has been discontinued.
Does Xbox One S have WiFi?
Yes, Xbox One S has a WiFi chip. Apart from this, all the products of the Xbox One series have proper WiFi chips.
Does Xbox One S support Bluetooth?
Yes, Xbox One S features Bluetooth 4.0 with a controller.
How many games does Xbox One S have?
Xbox One S has over 1,300 games.
Are the Xbox One S controllers different?
Yes, when comparing Xbox One vs. Xbox One S controller, Xbox One S has a few different controllers than Xbox One.
What to buy, Xbox One, or Xbox One S?
For gaming purposes, both offer a wide variety of games. Xbox One S provides a better user experience with its quality updates, but it also has a higher price tag. If the price is not a concern for you, Xbox One S will be the best suitable. Else, Xbox One can serve the inner gamer in you.